22.10.12

Reunion with G after travelling





After almost 2 months of on and off travelling I was finally back home and settled and the first thing I had to do was catch up with my best friend Georgia, who I hadn't seen since before Poland. We met up at our spot in Camden and drunk a bottle of wine each and watched the sun go down. We hadn't planned to go out or anything because not only was I dead broke but I had definitely not had time/ couldn't really be bothered to put my face on for a night out. But somehow our simple plan of meeting up for a bit of wine turned into quite a mess of a night. It started raining so everyone cleared out except we decided to just crawl under the bridge instead. 

We spent hours telling eachother stories of our adventures since we had seen eachother, and over time the stories became more drunken ramblings then anything, and next minute we were serenading eachother under the bridge, sharing ipod headphones listening to French music. When out of nowhere a guy with a guitar came over who we had been speaking too before and started serenading us with his music. We drunkenly danced, trying not to fall into the water and had a lovely time. Then we decided to go to a club across the water. 

Turns out it was fetish night at the club, this happens once a month and we just happened to go there on this night. There was a mass of spandex and lycra and g-strings, and man thongs with little furry animals on the front, and studded harnesses and big women overflowing in tiny corsets. It was a weird night. We watched people take turns at getting whipped outside, G danced with a Jesus fella half the night so most of the time I found myself alone making friends with midlife crisis men in leather thongs or girls on the dance floor who just didn't like wearing bras. At one point I got dared by some relatively normal people I had found and was talking to for a while, to go and "fondle" one of the topless girls boobs, that was an experience.. 

By the end of the night I had lost G in a field of fetishes and couldn't find her so took the bus home and called it a night. Definitely a weird one. 



A bit later in the week in which I had spent desperately looking for a job/ trying to get my National Insurance Number, I stayed at Georgias one night and she cooked me potato and leek soup, just like mumma used to make. In the morning I had an induction for my new job at GAP on Oxford Street. Funny story of how I got it. See I went in still waiting to get my NIN which was being held hostage at my disgusting old place in Walthamstow by my degenerate, half a brain, can't speak English housemates and I decided hey I might as well pop in to GAP to talk to the manager again who I had spoken too before I went to Poland and basically she just said "Hey you're great come back after you travel with the paperwork and we will give you an interview". So they day I went back in I spoke to the manager for about 2 min before she put me straight into a group interview that had just started, winning!

I got the job, which to be honest considering the people in my group I wasn't exactly surprised. One man was around 50 and Indian with an extremely thick accent who spent the majority of his interview stating everything he thought that was wrong with GAP. It was such a strange thing to see. But basically I got the job and it was induction the day after I slept at G's and she made me soup for dinner. Except slight problem, in the morning when she left for work, so did her landlord who has a habit of locking every single door and window in the house so nothing can possibly get in, or out which is what I found out that day. I was locked in my best friends house on induction day at my new job. So I did some crazy James Bond type stunt work, although in a dress and somehow jumped off he garage onto a fence onto the floor. Then I was in the back garden so I still needed to climb over another sharp and pointy fence to get out. 



I made it out! And to my induction! But not without a few cuts and bruises along the way. Before my induction I relaxed at my usual hang out Joe and the Juice where looking back now I probably spent exorbitant amounts of money for freshly squeezed juice and wifi, but to be fair I was mainly paying for the wifi. The book I am reading is Mockingjay, this was the second time this year I was reading the trilogy, and to be honest I would do it again, I am so completely and utterly obsessed with those books.


First day on the job! Was pretty fun, we just met eachother and watched movies and signed contracts, no biggie. It was pretty cool getting the job at a ridiculously famous fashion shop, in their flagship store in London, but to be honest, GAP has such boring/ ugly clothing. But you got to do what you got to do. I got my new threads with the 50% discount, which was good, saved me a fair bit. Totally regretting those "boyfriend jeans" though. I thought they would look like they did on the poster, not at all... Loose and tight in the wrong places, regrets....



But at this point in time everything seemed to be falling into place, considering how depressed and anxious I was, and how much I wanted to go home before mum came and visited. This felt like a whole new fresh start for me in London. I wasn't staying much longer, when Summer left so did I, but that is still a while away. New job, new house, new friends, same great friends. 





With love from London

No comments:

Post a Comment