22.2.13

Interning first world problems


What do I wear?

I am such a stress head with outfits, usually the outfits I like the best are the ones that I put on a second before I walk out the door after trying on my whole wardrobe backwards and forwards. But I am a bit too nervous about my internship tomorrow to leave it up to last minute luck. Through my college which is starting to become somewhat of a second home to me, I am starting an internship tomorrow at a Magazine in the fashion department. Magazines isn't really where my passion lies, but I really want to experience everything through this course, dip my finger in every pie or so they say.

Here are my 5 minute flat lays of the night before outfit choices. I wouldn't mind if it was a nice cool day tomorrow, it's so much easier dressing in the winter, none of that awkward self consciousness.



Top - Cotton On
Singlet - Glassons
Skirt - Zara
Shoes - ICE
Ring - Samantha Wills


Singlet - Glassons
Shorts - Cotton on 
Chain - Cotton on
Sunglasses - Temt
Shoes - Zara



Top - Zara 
Pants - Cotton on 
Bag - Longchamp
Shoes - Wanted shoes 
Sunglasses - Temt
Necklace - Lovisa
Rings - Rubi Shoes
Bracelet - Topshop

And I think we have a winner, hope it's not too sunny tomorrow. Those pants may look fabulous but polyester on skin does not feel as great.


This is my book at the moment. It is really testing the way I look at the fashion industry. But I have decided that this is what I love and what to build a career out of. It's not that I don't want to change the world, I just know the reality of it is that I can't. I see the fashion industry as a whole ecosystem in which everything works together in order to survive.


I just think people need to stay honest and less concerned with money and more about design. But then again, everyone needs to pay the bills.
I highly recommend you read this book, not to persuade you in any way but just to open your eyes. Stay aware, ignorance is ignorant.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, goodnight you lovely souls.

With Love E
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment