24.3.13

Zumbo, The Star


Luke and I travelled into the city to check out the Adriano Zumbo dessert train at the Star. 

The address   Shop 1, Cafe Court
     The Star
              80 Pyrmont st
                        Pyrmont, NSW 2009
                      Entry Via Edward St

The opening times: Here
The menu: Here








Above are some of the desserts that were on offer at the time we went. Luke and I ended up sharing a fancy brownie with mousse on the side. It's not that we didn't want to be adventurous it's just that we couldn't afford to be. These tiny little desserts cost up to $10, maybe even more. 











One thing that I absolutely adored about this trendy concept store was the decor. Candy coloured furniture with Willy Wonka inspired pipes and wallpaper, sadly the wallpaper wasn't edible like in the movie.






Very kitsch and slightly intimidating oven displays. I loved the kooky displays although most of the time I wasn't sure what you were allowed to pick up, if you needed assistance or if it was even edible at all. 





But of course the highlight of this little outing were the eccentric flavoured macaroons. 


Now I like to think of myself as a bit of a macaron enthusiast. And in my honest opinion I don't feel that these "Zumbarons" are all they have cracked up to be. There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding these highly revered and popularly instagrammed delicacies. After going through a big macaron phase and trying a lot of different flavours (my favourite is salted caramel) from a lot of different places, I can honestly say I have had better, but these are still pretty delicious. But that is just my opinion, I definitely think you should go try it for yourself. 


See more of his work here at his website.


"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

No comments:

Post a Comment