13.3.14

Thailand Last Day


Here's to Thailand! Here's to our first overseas trip together! Here's to the Mangosteen resort for being over the top fantastic every single day we were there. This was such a great trip. I can't wait to go back. We had the best time, no food poisonings, no drink spiking, none of our things were stolen. Sometimes people overthink trips to "unsafe" places and sometimes it even turns them off their trip altogether. Thailand is an amazing place. Even though when we were there, there was political turmoil up north everything was still fine. The biggest tip I can give is just to be smart. That sounds so simple and silly but it is what will get you home in one piece. I always see people posting photos of these amazing cocktails and bragging about how cheap drinks are in Thailand, there is a reason they are so cheap. Drink bottled and avoid ice. If you are going to Thailand, be smart and stay safe. It is an incredibly beautiful place.










This was the room we got to stay in for a whole week! We felt like royalty. And yes that is an outdoor rain shower.


We spent our last day chilling by the pool. We checked out in the morning and were allowed to hang out, eat breakfast, lunch, swim in the pool all day. We were even given a room to shower in before we left. If you want to go to Thailand to relax and have your every need catered to, I highly recommend this resort. It cost about $10 to get to Kata Beach, $15 to Patong, it's a little far away from the hustle and bustle but it's worth it. We found out about this place through groupon, so check there frequently for amazing deals like our one.







Sadly it had to come to an end. The trip home was the worst flight I have ever been on in my life. I had taken sleeping pills because I can't sleep, let alone on planes. I was just drifting off to sleep when the smelly man in front of me started to mow his lawn. His snoring was so loud. Everyone else on the plane was asleep at this point. I didn't get it. How could they have slept when there was a jackhammer in front of me? I may have kicked his chair a few times, hoping he would roll in a certain way that would make him not snore as loud, or that he would wake up long enough for me to fall asleep. But he didn't. I spent that whole night on the plane awake. I broke down crying at one point because my body just couldn't take it. But you know what, it's in the past. I will never see that awful smelly man again. And I don't think I will ever fly overnight again, unless it is 100% necessary. 

After the flight we picked up our duty free. A big and a small skull vodka, Canadian Club, Vodka and Luke got some things too. I also picked up a bag of Hershey's Kisses which are actually all gone now.. 
All in all, Thailand was amazing. If you have any questions message me here and I will try to help you out. For now here are some things you should do and places you should go if you are planning a trip there.


Thailand Checklist
Phi Phi Islands
Cuddle a baby tiger
Snorkel 
Haggle on Bangla Road
Eat a street crepe (mango omg)
Ride an elephant
Get kissed by a baby elephant
Eat at The Naughty Raddish
Detox Juice at above ^
Have a fish pedicure
Get hair braided
Get a Henna tattoo (or 2)
Drink coconuts endlessly
Go to a Ping Pong show
Dinosaur Putt Putt
Swim in the ridiculously warm water
Laze around on a beach chair
Party in a very loud Tuk Tuk
Eat at Mom Tri's Kitchen
Watch the sunset at Promthep Cape
See the Big Buddha
Go to any temple
Similan Islands if you can
Let off a lantern into the sunset







erica

No comments:

Post a Comment