22.4.15

XV. Disneysea


For our last theme park day in Japan we decided to go to Disneysea instead of Disneyland. We chose this mainly because there would be less lines and Saya really wanted to go on a couple of rides there including the Tower of Terror and the Indiana Jones ride.



To get to Disneysea or Disneyland you catch this super sweet little monorail.


We were rushing around heaps at the beginning trying to get fast passes. Heads up, research this stuff if you are planning to go to any theme park in Japan. I know I have mentioned it before, but I kid you not, these people are more then happy to line up for 4 hours for a 2min ride. It completely baffles me. The first ride Saya wanted to go on was a ride called Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Sadly it was closed so we went on 20,000 Leagues under the sea because we were in the area. It was awful 10/10 would not recommend.






To be honest I can't remember much of this morning. I do remember we spent most of our time running for fast passes and then wasting time waiting for the time allocated on our fast passes. 







For example, we had nothing better to do and wanted to get our ride count up so we decided to go on this 'ride'. It was Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. I still don't know who Sinbad is. Picture It's a Small World meets Aladdin. It was quite boring. I was kind of tempted to drink the water though..






This was without a doubt my favourite area at Disneysea. The Mermaid Grotto. We were just passing by at this point in time.



There is a whole area in the park dedicated to this ridiculous bear called Duffy. The whole day it was actually annoying us so much. Who the hell is Duffy? Especially considering that most Japanese people there were carrying some sort of Duffy merchandise. Found out when we got home that Duffy is basically just a marketing gimmick that the Japanese fell head over heels for.














After wandering around for a while it was finally time for Indiana Jones. We spent about 2 hours lining up. I had these girls behind me that by the time we were about to go in I was pretty close to raging at. They were school girls. It was a school day. They were wearing matching outfits and accessories. They were doing their makeup. Their hairstyles were identical. WHY WERE THEY NOT IN SCHOOL?!?!?!?! Seriously. Does anyone actually go to school in Japan?


After losing my mind lining up for over 2 hours, the line started to move really fast. We were so happy. It was very short lived. When we got to the front of the line we were given an express pass to any other ride in the park. There had been an issue with the ride and they had to shut it. I'm just going to assume that's code for 'someone died'.



We were pretty distraught at this point. We started making our way to the Tower of Terror and decided to cheer ourselves up beforehand by playing in the mermaid cave.











Without a doubt my favourite place in all of Disneysea.




The gift shop is in a whale!!


Speaking of gift shop..










After going to FujiQ one would think that I wouldn't be scared of a little Tower of Terror. Wrong. For some reason this was the one ride out of the whole entire trip that I was actually terrified to go on. I don't really know why. I was practically shaking in the line. But I did it and to be fair I don't know what I was so scared about. It was one of the best rides we went on the whole trip.


Spot the tourists.








Another highlight of my day, riding a two storey carousel.









In my natural habitat.





I want my house to look like this. Or at least the pool area.


We went on another ride at some point in the day. It was called Aquatopia and it was pretty fun. Although I think at this part of the day we were pretty delirious from so much running around and surviving off icecream sandwiches and popcorn.







We look like such a couple.










By this point in time we had given up on all that noise. We were just wandering around eating popcorn and enjoying the scenery. It was such a nice chill way to end the day of unsuccessful running around.












This was one of my favourite days despite the multiple disappointments. I had so much fun just being a child again. As unlucky as we were, I mainly remember the moments where we just were so unfortunate in our day that all we could really do was just laugh. And get mad at Duffy. Here's to a great last theme park day in Japan.





erica

No comments:

Post a Comment